The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photo #20

Full Moon
Full Wolf Moon – January
Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter,
the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages.
Thus, the name for January’s full Moon.
Sometimes it was also referred to as the Old Moon,
or the Moon After Yule. Some called it the Full Snow Moon,
but most tribes applied that name to the next Moon.

5 comments:

Bubba said...

I see I wasn't the only one out photographing the full moon, despite the clouds. Interesting info about the 'wolf' moon, too!

Kathe W. said...

Eric
Wooo... I'll have to jump over and look at your moon- I thought about you and your new camera lens with more than a bit of envy last night- I am sure yours will be a lot sharper and more interesting- my camera does have it's limitations! I'd go back to my good old pentax, but then we'd have to wait for film developing....argh.

Anonymous said...

It was quiteclearover here when I spotted this the night before last(that would be right?) I have a skylight in the corridor right next to my bedroom door so it was lighting up the passageway!

Lydia said...

Marvelous shot! When my husband came home on Thursday night he called me out of the house so we could kiss under the full moon. I will show him your beautiful image.

Anonymous said...

Like an image on the front cover of a vampire novel! I like it.