The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Photo #39

A Collection of Memories
When my husband and I first met and began to date
I noticed that in his home there wasn't any "stuff"
around. But after awhile I saw that he had a little
growing pile of movie tickets, matchbooks from restaurants,
playbills from theatres we had gone to etc. It was like an
archeological dig of our relationship in a way. Now over 20
years later I realize that it isn't that he just has piles of
"stuff". These are his memories and souvenirs of all our
years together. And that is so very sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely treasures

Bubba said...

It looks much nicer that way than stuff into some box and put away in a closet somewhere.