The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Photo #75

Slightly Gnawed on Hellebore
I had to shoot this photo upside down because
with all the rain and the nature of how Hellebore's
grow all the blossoms were head down looking at the
soil. As you can see the slugs have been having
a bit of a feast on this plant. After I took this photo
I went around the garden picking all the daffodils that
were face down and brought them into the house.
As I put them into a vase a lot of slugs emerged from
inside the flowers...eeeew how disgusting. They were quickly
dispatched. I took no prisoners. Obviously our chickens are not
doing their job-or else there are just a lot of slugs this year.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

I Hawaii they had big snails climbing all over the bushes and trees. And we all know that snails are basically just slugs with mobile homes. But are snails trailer trash slugs, or are slugs homeless snails?

Nice photo, Kathe! :)