The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Friday, March 25, 2011

Photo #85


Quick trip over to Baker City

We made a quick trip over to Baker City

yesterday. On our way home today we went

through La Grande and came upon

one of the oldest buildings in this town.

It was moved from it's original site to a site

above the city on a bluff by a parks walking trail. http://www.el.com/to/lagrande/

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I really really love this picture! This is the type of thing my mom would have loved to paint!
Have a blessed week!
Dianne @
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

I don't always leave you a comment ... this will be one of my all time favorites!

Anonymous said...

Wow, lovely photo, and neat story. It's hard to believe that such an old house could survive being moved, but I guess that just goes to show that "they don't make 'em like they used to!" Happy SWS! - G

Linda said...

Good picture. Awesome little old cabin.

Happy Saturday!

joanna said...

AH Oregon is fantastic, we have it all here -- the scenery is always picture perfect,

joanny

Josie Two Shoes said...

Delightful picture, what a lovely place to walk!

Bethe77 said...

I love this photo! It just transports you back in time.
I love the log cabin!
Is it a one room cabin or a bit larger?
Lovely
Blessings

Lisa said...

Looks like you had lots of fun.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Yes, I really like this photo. the house and the setting is lovely. I am sure this house would have some stories to tell.

Susan in SC said...

I'm visiting from 6WS. I love this picture. The building looks like it has been there forever!

Jazzbumpa said...

Aha - weren't those the good old days!

Somehow, I've gotten rather used to indoor plumbing.

Thanks for the visit.

Cheers!
JzB

Bubba said...

Cool! Looks like it could ne haunted!