The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Photo #281







Day of the Dead is coming...........
We will be in Guanajuato to celebrate!
A few years ago we went to Ocotlan outside of Oaxaca.
We were lucky enough to meet this wonderful woman
who creates these clay masterpieces.

Guillermina Aquilar and her sisters
have been creating clay art for years.

9 comments:

South of the Fork said...

Wonderful post. I am going to keep an eye out for your post about Day of the Dead. Kids and I are very curious.

(visiting from 6WS)

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shots for the day! I lived in San Miguel de Allende for over a year and visited Guanajuato several times, one of my favorite places! Hope your weekend is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, I envy you! My next trip to Mexico won't be until after Christmas--long after Dia de los Muertos. Enjoy your visit to Guanajuato!


SHADOW PLAY

Shadows like horses, shadow likes chicks,
Shadows like houses built with red bricks;

Shadows much taller than a high wall—
No matter their shape, I love them all!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tortured Shadows and Twisted Shadows

Unknown said...

marvellous masterpieces! thanks for sharing.

betty said...

just stopped by from 6WS; enjoy your trip!

betty

21 Wits said...

Oh such lovely clay figures...I too like to play with clay!

Kelly said...

Oooo, I really like these! Nice lighting, too.

LV said...

Great post. I love the little doll and her shadow.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow captures!

Late visiting for shadow shot, please visit my entry when you get a chance. Have a good week ahead!