The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Photo #56 2012






We are slowly getting unpacked-yay!

After 22 years in one 2700 sq foot home we moved
350 miles south to a 1500 sq foot home. YIKES.
We downsized before leaving-similar to travelers
on the Old Oregon Wagon Trail- we tossed things
to friends, neighbors and charities.
Much to our chagrin we still had too much and we
have been taking things to charities and consignment
shops here in the Mt Shasta and Weed area.
We are making good prgress in making this lovely
place our new home. I'll just be glad to see the
last cardboard box go to recycling!


For more Six Word Saturday's go here:
http://www.showmyface.com



For More Shadow Shot Sundays go here:
http://shadowshotsunday2.blogspot.com/


15 comments:

Kelly said...

I see a plant in your shadows. :)

Jim said...

Hi Kathe ~~ That down sizing must be pretty hard on you. I am glad that Lucy has found a window sill and that your Chainsaw Bear can be out on the deck to see Mt Shasta.

Mrs. Jim and I moved here north of Houston to our retirement home. It has 2750 sq.ft. downstairs where out old home had 2360. Plus we have 1157 sq upstairs here and a three car garage.

Our next will be smaller and we talk about that!
..
I looked at the map and seems to tell me that your medical facilities, shopping, etc. for big stuff would be Redding (70 miles). We are 65 miles away from the Houston Medical Center although there are branch hospitals about 15 miles away.
..

Sylvia K said...

Love your shadow shot for the day, Kathe! I do know what it's like to have to get rid of "stuff" to move into a smaller area!!! Takes time, but it'll be great once you're done! I'm excited for you and your new home! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Helen said...

Keep the photos coming!!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful area you have moved to!
My daughter and I took a drive up to Redding to see her friend a few weeks ago and Mount Shasta looked beautiful!

Full-On-Forward said...

LOL LOL LOL-- I'm sorry- but we are so into downsizing after a move 10 years ago, and we STILL have to much stuff! So I'm laughing with you!!!
Congrats on the move--and Thanks for such a soft and pleasing Shadow Shot!

Settle in!!

John

Chubskulit Rose said...

This is beautiful Kathe.

LV said...

My sister and her husband are doing the same thing. As we tend to get older, we realize you can do with much less.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love how the chair appears in the photo but there is extra shadow of what appears to be a pot plant nearby! Lovely mellow light!

Lighthousegal said...

Oh how I feel your pain. After 25 years of marriage I got divorced and moved from a 3,500 square foot house to a 1,500 square foot house with my two kids. I wanted them to be able to have their things as it was a difficult time for them. It was a Huge challenge, but we managed.
Anyway, great shadow shot.
Good Luck to you!!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice shadow shot.

Regards and best wishes

Herding Cats said...

Brilliant picture. I like how it looks like something unseen is sitting in the chair.

Chubby Chieque said...

Isn't it fun capturing shadows which b4, we didn't even noticed?

Love your captured the crisp shadow of your plant in your window. Catha!

Happy SSS,
/chie

jewaicious said...

What a lovely capture of delicate looking shadows dancing gracefully.

Lydia said...

A beautiful shot!

So fun to read a few details. As our old house here in Silverton is 1300 sq ft I am always a bit puzzled when my husband talks about "when we downsize"!!!