The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Photo #334 and 334.5





Yet another baby quilt-
Different from most baby quilts-
I chose to use a variety of Scottish tartans
from different clans as this baby is of
Scottish descent. The outside border is
the Stewart Hunting tartan and on the
back is the Royal Stewart Tartan.
All very grand for little Abigail Ramey Jones.
She lives only a few miles from where her
Great-great-great-great-great Grandfather was
kidnapped by the Delaware Indians and was not returned
to his family for more than 10 years.
Luckily he was returned as otherwise there
would not be all these splendid Joneses.

Below is a photo of the quilt backing.
The white patch is a pocket that I always
sew onto the back of the quilts.
It has a personal message from me on it and
the pocket is nice for little hands to hide treasures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quilt and I love the pocket.

I name all my quilts (sad but true)and get a great deal of pleasure (even sadder) designing and making the name label which I sew onto the back, my own personal finishing touch.