Winter is coming.....time for soup!
Nothing is better than a bowl of warm hearty soup
to take winter's icy chill out of your bones and
put a smile on your face! Here's a delicious recipe for
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
(many thanks to the Silver Palate Cookbook)
4 tbl sweet butter 2 cups finely chopped onion
4-5 tsp curry powder 2 medium size butternut squash(3# appx)
2 apples peeled cored and diced 3 cups chicken or veggie stock
1 cup apple juice salt and pepper to taste
1 shredded unpeeled but cored Granny Smith apple for garnish
1. melt butter add onions,curry powder and cook covered over low heat
until onions are tender about 20-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile peel squash using veg peeler, scrape out seeds and chop squash.
3. Once onions are tender, pour in stock, add squash and apples and bring to a
boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered until squash and apples are very
tender - appx 20-25 minutes.
4. Using an immersion blender blend soup until smooth. Or strain solids and
process with food mill or food processor until smooth adding 1 cup of stock .
Return blended and processed mixture to pot with remaining stock..
5. After processing add apple juice to blended soup in pot and season
to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer briefly and serve immediately with
shredded apple as garnish .
For other Six Word Saturdays go here:
or for other Shadow Shot Sundays go here: