The creative act lasts but a brief moment, a lightning instant of give-and-take, just long enough for you to level the camera and to trap the fleeting prey in your little box.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Photo #121

No Sun=No Shadow...But we have Chukars!
Besides our community garden spaces at Luscher Farm,
we also have the historic Chicken Coop maintained
by Riccardo Spaccarelli of Riccardo's Ristorante.
In addition to the chickens there are pigeons, pheasants
and chukars. Highly entertaining for all ages of gardeners!



Rudy Luscher is smiling I am sure!




for more about Luscher Farm go here:
http://friendsofluscherfarm.blogspot.com/




Riccardo's Ristorante go here:
http://riccardoslo.com/




for more about Chukars look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chukar




and for more Shadow Shot Sunday photos go here:


5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shadow shot!

My Shadow Shots, have a blessed Sunday!

Lydia said...

Wonderful clear image! I almost feel like I can touch him. I haven't thought about Chukars in... (hang on....) 39 years when a boyfriend took me along when he went hunting for them. He didn't get a one, thank god. My first and last time hunting. I would love to see them at the Chicken Coop; what a sweet face this one has!

Pic #121...that is fantastic! I apologize for not coming around more often and know I have missed out on some wonderful local photography.

Hootin Anni said...

I've never seen Chukars in real time only in photos...you are lucky to be able to watch them. Wonderful photo share.

My Link:
Sand, Surf, and Shadows

Have a glorious Sunday. Hope to have you as a visitor today when you find time.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi! I guess that I haven't been here for awhile. I really enjoy your shadow shot today and your other posts, especially the log truck.

Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi, and Happy SSS!

Kathy M.

Kelly said...

What an interesting looking bird! I've heard of them, but don't think we have them in our parts.